PowerShell in Azure Cloud Shell is now available in public preview. Azure Cloud Shell is a Microsoft-managed admin machine running on Azure, for Azure. It enables you to:
- Choose to use a PowerShell experience in Cloud Shell as an alternative to the existing Bash experience (also in public preview) while retaining the benefits of Cloud Shell, including:
- Authenticated access to Azure from virtually anywhere.
- A shell maintained and updated by Microsoft that comes equipped with commonly used CLI tools.
- Language support for several popular programming languages.
- The ability to persist data across sessions in attached Azure File storage.
- Browse and discover all your Azure resources by using a familiar file-system-like navigation with Azure drive (Azure:).
- Edit PowerShell scripts in VIM with built-in syntax highlighting and IntelliSense for PowerShell files.
- Add new commands from PowerShell Gallery that will persist across your Cloud Shell sessions.