Category: Exchange

Howto sync msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute to Office 365

 So today I had a customer witch has move there On-prem Exchange to Office 365 (Exchange online). The old Exchange server was long gone and therefore not more Exchange management tools. The customer wanted to hide a user form the global address list (GAL), and had found the msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute in the attribure editor on that user and set it to “TRUE”. However in the user still was showing up in the GAL.
 User properties
When I ran the PowerShell command to see the state of the msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute “get-Mailbox -Identity user@domain.dk | fl HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled” I the result : “HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled : False” back, witch was not what I where looking for. After some poking around I found a post on a MS forum, talking about this and it turned out the “msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute” was not being synced at all and it should be added to the Synchronization rule. You can do this with the “Synchronization Rules Editor” witch can by found on the server with Azure AD Connect install.
 Sync Ruld Editor
In the “Inbound” rule select “in from AD – User Common” click Edit and “No” to continue editing the current rule.
Sync Ruld Editor

Add msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute

Then select “Transformations” and click “Add Transformation” The new transformation should be : FlowType=Direct, Target Attribute=msExchHideFromAddressLists and Source=msExchHideFromAddressLists. Merge type=update. Then click Save. Now from Powershell, on the server with Azure AD Connect sync installed, type “Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Delta” and wait (I waited about 5-8 min.) for the update to take effect. You can the “get-Mailbox -Identity user@domain.dk | fl HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled” command, this should result in: “HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled : True”.
I hope you can use this information and thank you for reading. Leave comment below and have a nice day!

“StalledDueToMailboxLock” when migrating Publicfolder to Exchange 2013

Some time ago I moved a customers public folder from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013 CU5. I flowed this excellent KB from Microsoft http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/Library/jj150486. But when I got to the part of finalizing the move I got this error when I ran “Get-PublicFolderMigrationRequest | Get-PublicFolderMigrationRequestStatistics” StalledDueToMailboxLock and a message that the job will resume i 5 minutes or so. It turns out that the information store was locking the PF mailbox, after a restart of the information store service the job completed 100% at the next retry.!